Monday, November 14, 2011

Concentrations 1-4

Below are the first four pieces that I have completed for my AP concentration portfolio.  An AP  concentration as noted by the AP board must  "demonstrate a depth of investigation and process of discovery" made by the artist while exploring a certain theme through their art.  The artist choses a theme and a medium and creates various works of art connected to that theme.  The theme that I have chosen to explore for my concentration is my family, specifically, my mother's side of the family, the Carters, throughout the ages.  I chose this theme because it is a subject that is very precious to me. Every since my brother was diagnosed with cancer at age 3, when I was only 5 years old, my family has become the most important thing in my life.  Therefore, as I grew up, I loved learning about my family history, and my mother always told me the best stories about her side of the family. Everyone had their own interesting history and personality, each person was unique and special. Their narratives really spoke to me and I when I did a scratchboard portrait of my great Aunt last year, I really just how much I loved expressing those narratives through my art. Therefore I decided on this theme of my family history, and I knew that I had to do it in scratchboard, though, due to the time difficulties that come with working in scratchboard, I have done a few pieces in other media.
Scratchboard
8x10

Scratchboard
10x8

Acrylic on Canvas Panel
12x16


Colored Pencil
10x8

No comments:

Post a Comment